Update: From 18 May 2015 Turkish Residence Permit applications will be made
online and direct to the Directorate General of Migration Management.
Important: For first time applications you must visit the Migration Office in person on the date and time of your appointment with your relevant documents.
All non-turkish citizens individuals who want to stay in Turkey longer than the tourist visa (more than 30 – 90 days) can obtain short-term residence permit valid 1 year up to 2 year limit for each application instance. The short-term residence permit must be renewed each time, up to 60 days before the expiration date.
Important: Homeowners in turkey are granted up to 2 years residence permit upon first application.
Upon completing consecutive 60 month stay in Turkey with the (short-term) residence permit (and less than 6 months total spent abroad) the permit holder is qualified for lifetime Turkish citizenship (social security number, passport and national identification card). The short-term residence permit transfer into Turkish citizenship process is to lodge for transfer.
Required Documents for a Short Term Residence Permit
First time Documents (Please note that Additional documentation may be requested by the authorities)
• Residence Permit Application Form (Signed)
• Original copy and photocopy of passport or passport substitute (the pages which are processed with the pages over which there are identity information and photo)
• Four (4) photos (Biometric)
• Notification regarding sufficient and sustainable resources for the duration of their stay (Notified in the application form. Management may ask for supportive document.)
• Valid Health Insurance (one of following health insurances is enough) Over 65’s & under 18 are exempt
• The document that enables benefit from the health services in Turkey within the scope of bilateral social security agreements
• The certificate of authorization received from Social Security Institution
• Proof of application made for general health insurance to Social Security Institution
• Private Health Insurance
• Upon request by administration, information and document relevant to place of accommodation and travel plan